AFP Nova Scotia is delighted to present the following education and development sessions to Association members. Non-member pricing is available.
- Fundraising in a Crowded Field
- How to Talk to Your Board
- Nonprofit Branding
- Online Success Strategies
- Small Shop Success
- Spinning Like a Top
- The New Face of Fundraising and Engagement
- Building a Major Gifts Pipeline
- How to Turn Volunteers into Great Fundraisers
- Accountability and Ethics
For details, information or suggestions for upcoming sessions, feel free to contact:
AFP Nova Scotia values the importance of professional development opportunities and making those opportunities available to all fundraisers. We are pleased to offer the following awards which are currently open to qualifying applicants:
1) AFP Chamberlain Scholarship Program
AFP Nova Scotia Chapter is proud to offer the Chamberlain Scholarship Program for the International Conference on Fundraising. This program is designed to help individuals serving non-profit organizations develop their knowledge and skill in fundraising.
The Nova Scotia Chapter invites members and non members to participate by filling out an application form.
The AFP Nova Scotia Chapter will select their Chamberlain Scholar based on the following criteria, which are established by the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy:
* Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, 50% of time must be devoted to fundraising.
* Candidate has never attended an AFP (or NSFRE) International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless a member of the Conference Host Committee).
* Candidate agrees to complete a post-conference online evaluation regarding his or her experience for the Scholarship Committee and attend an AFP Nova Scotia meeting to share his/her learning experiences at the Conference.
* Only one individual from any local organization or institution may be selected.
* The Chamberlain Scholar announcement will be made soon.
The AFP Chamberlain scholarship will cover the registration fee for the AFP International Conference on Fundraising in San Francisco, CA, April 30 - May 2, 2017.
The successful applicant or their agency/organization will be responsible for their airfare and accommodation to attend the conference. Registration will open soon.
Chair, Scholarships – AFP Nova Scotia Board of Directors
Application Deadline to be announced soon.