Events and Communications CoordinatorCompany: Phoenix Youth Programs
Date Posted: April 24, 2018
Since 1987, Phoenix has been dedicated to supporting youth and contributing to a vibrant community. Phoenix’s ten locations in Halifax, N.S. provide a continuum of care for youth aged 11-24 and their families. Our team of caring professionals recognizes that each person who comes to us has individual needs as well as strengths. People are the leaders in their own lives; Phoenix is a leader in supporting them. To learn more about Phoenix visit our website: www.phoenixyouth.ca.
Phoenix serves hundreds of youth who collectively offer great diversity to the organization. To better serve the youth we aim to reflect their diversity in our staff contingent.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Sr. Director of Development, the Events & Communications Coordinator is a new position responsible for communications support and the production of Fund Development events.
Working closely with senior level volunteers, partners and staff, the coordinator will provide leadership and support to deliver meaningful experiences and engaging communications.
This position is suited for an enthusiastic, creative, results-oriented professional who is detailed oriented with exceptional communication, organizational, prioritization and planning skills, and who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Compensation: A competitive salary, comprehensive group medical insurance plan, Employee and Family Assistance Program, RRSP contribution, three weeks of vacation in the first year and four in the second, a generous paid holiday schedule, in-house trainings and professional development opportunities.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with flexibility and evening and weekend work required during key event periods.
Location: 5880 Spring Garden Road, Halifax, NS.
Start Date: June 4, 2018
Screening Requirements: This position is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector search, a child abuse register check and proof of education.
- Manage logistics for fundraising events (Dreamscape, Holiday Luncheon) and stewardship events (Donor & Volunteer Appreciation, Holiday Open House) including venue, catering, AV, budget management, entertainment, etc.
- Production including building and managing critical paths, production schedules, script writing, stage management, rehearsals, etc.
- Coordination of onsite fundraising logistics including raffles, auctions, prizes, etc.
- Provide support for financial management including payables, receivables and budget reconciliation.
- Manage ticket sales processes including e-commerce, tracking and financials.
- Liaise with the Community Engagement Manager to provide support for volunteer recruitment and management.
- Execute sponsorship & stewardship obligations.
- Coordinate volunteer committees (communication, meetings, minutes, etc.).
- Develop & implement all communications and marketing for events.
- Oversee the day-to-day activity of the agency’s social media, manage inquires and build content to fulfill donor commitments and as it aligns with cultivation and stewardship strategies.
- Write & design new (and update previous) collateral (i.e. impact reports, one pagers, note cards, etc.) which may include interviews and photo shoots with youth, supporters, volunteers and staff.
NOTE: A portfolio of work and writing sample will be requested.
- Coordinate speaking engagements including working with program staff to support youth with speech writing and event preparation.
- Manage website updates and content.
- Manage office inventory of collateral and work with preferred print partner.
- Two to three years’ combined experience in events management and communications, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- University degree/diploma or equivalent, with a communications or public relations focus. An event management diploma is an asset.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, including public speaking.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Adobe creative suite.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software is an asset.
- Experience managing social media and content creation.
- Experience in website content management.
- Experience working with traditional forms of media, including radio, TV and publications.
- Excellent organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Exceptional networking and relationship cultivation abilities; energetic and personable; confident and eager to engage with donors, sponsors, volunteers and colleagues
* Please note that interviews may take place during the posting period.
Candidates chosen for an interview should be prepared to demonstrate capabilities by providing recent design work and writing samples.
Please forward a resume and a cover letter (in Word or as a PDF document), with pertinent information about your qualifications and salary expectations, by midnight ADT Sunday, May 6th, 2018 to:
Victoria MacLeod, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com with the subject line “Events and Communications Coordinator”