Associate Director Fund DevelopmentCompany: Coady International Institute St Francis Xavier University
Date Posted: April 18, 2018
The Coady International Institute is inviting applications for Associate Director, Fund Development. This senior administrative position reports to the Vice President, Coady Institute and Extension Department. Serving as a collaborative member of the VP's Team, the Associate Director is responsible for leading the growth and success of Coady's fundraising platform, thus safeguarding and advancing Coady's strong reputation as a world-class center of excellence in community-based leadership education. The candidate will provide leadership to our dedicated team, work closely with Marketing and Communications and across the Institute to ensure coordination, stewardship excellence, and accountability that strengthens our donor engagement and results.
This full-time position is located at the Coady International Institute on the campus of St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. The salary for this position is in the Professional Staff Pay Band G..
Key Responsibilities and Functions:
- Develop and implement a fund development strategy which identifies annual fundraising targets including annual giving, planned giving, major gifts, prospect research as well as the targeted number of qualified prospects;
- Ensure overall leadership and performance management of the fundraising team;
- Cultivate & develop results-oriented relationships with individuals, corporations, charitable foundations;
- Develop and implement an effective stewardship program to support and manage relationships through initial contact, communications, qualification, interest and commitment;
- Provide status updates of endowed funds for donors;
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of funding proposals to prospects;
- Oversee administrative functions that ensure a high level of accountability, for example: proper documentation and recognition / acknowledgment of gifts/pledges, tax receipts issued, development of gift agreements and terms of reference for endowments, scholarships, bursaries;
- Actively participate in StFX prospect management meetings to review major and current supporters and ensure Institute's action steps are tracked;
- Prepare briefing material for the Vice-President in preparation for prospect cultivation, events, and meetings of strategic relevance; and
- Plan and oversee special events that successfully raise the profile of the Coady Institute.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Proven leadership and administrative skills in the development, management and implementation of successful fund development;
- Demonstrated expertise in attracting, retaining, motivating and managing professional staff;
- Demonstrated track record in major gift fundraising and fund development programs;
- Proven track record of closing deals with individuals, organizations, corporations;
- Highly analytical, strategically focussed, results-oriented;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong writing & presentation skills;
- A University degree and evidence of ongoing learning; and
- English fluency required, French an asset.
About the Coady International Institute
Established by St. Francis Xavier University (StFX) in 1959, the Coady International Institute is a world-renowned centre of excellence in citizen-led, asset-based, community-driven leadership education. In collaboration with partners in Canada and the global South, the Institute is committed to reducing poverty and transforming societies by strengthening local economies, building resilient communities, and promoting accountable democracies.
The Coady International Institute is committed to:
- Providing transformative, leadership education programs for development practitioners from around the world;
- Working with partner organizations to help them develop and test innovations in community-based, citizen-led development;
- Strengthening women's leadership and providing programs for young Canadians that encourage them to become active, more engaged global citizens;
- Continuing to develop a knowledge network to grow and share the accumulation of new knowledge that supports successful development practice.
Living in Antigonish, Nova Scotia
Antigonish is a beautiful, vibrant town located in northern Nova Scotia on the Northumberland Strait. It is home to the Antigonish Movement and has a long history of social justice activity. About 200 km from Halifax, Nova Scotia and 250 km from Moncton, New Brunswick. Antigonish is known as the Heart of the Highlands and the gateway to Cape Breton.
The closing date for applications is May 4, 2018 at 1pm AST. To express your interest in this role, please direct your resume (CV) and a letter of intent electronically to:
Coady International Institute
Antigonish Nova Scotia, B2G 2W5