Development Officer, Annual GivingCompany: QEII Foundation
Date Posted: March 5, 2018
The QEII Foundation inspires generosity to advance health care at the QEII Health Sciences Centre (QEII) – Atlantic Canada’s leading healthcare institution. Renowned for its innovation and leadership in philanthropy, the Foundation is currently seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual to join our dynamic team of professionals as Development Officer, Annual Giving.
As the ideal candidate you are both a doer and a dreamer. Your passion for direct marketing goes beyond your perfectly-organized day planner and your experience. You’re thriving in the day-to-day tasks while contributing to a team with impeccable interpersonal skills that helps ensure strategies remain donor-centered and stakeholder driven. You dig for solutions and overcome challenges in a fast-paced environment without breaking a sweat. Sound like you? Read on.
Reporting to the Director, Annual Programs, the Development Officer, Annual Giving position requires a driven and enthusiastic individual who will assume responsibility to strategize, plan and execute Annual Giving programs, which includes management and implementation of a combination of integrated direct response approaches. The position plays an integral role in maximizing fundraising revenue, elevating brand standards and consistency across all channels, while contributing to an overall positive donor experience. The role is specifically responsible for planning and management of integrated fundraising appeal campaigns (multi-channel), including donor engagement and stewardship content planning and ongoing program research. The role requires a high level of professional motivation; sound ethical practices, superior written and verbal communications skills; and the proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Manage, plan and implement annual giving programs, which may include direct mail, calling, online, social media, personal solicitations, peer-to-peer solicitations, volunteer solicitations, and matching gift and challenge appeal programs.
- Deliver giving program strategies that focus on increasing revenue and frequency of giving while contributing to the development of new and innovative revenue generating initiatives that attract new donors; helping to meet and exceed impact targets for the QEII Foundation.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop program materials and communication plans required to deliver program strategies.
- Collaborate with internal teams to analyze and report on annual giving program activities and performance, preparing program reports and recommendations for improvements.
- Lead development of stewardship plans for annual donors and activities, and implement plans.
- Maintain and continue to develop skills/knowledge by attending educational sessions and keeping informed of giving and other industry trends and benchmarking data. Report findings and insights back to internal teams to support ongoing learning.
- Other tasks as they evolve.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Relations or equivalent field. A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a fundraising environment, direct marketing role or equivalent related industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a diverse community and make an impact in a complex, fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills that ensure confident articulation of knowledge and ideas to both internal and external audiences, collaborative facilitation of discussions among teams, development of strategic content with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy critical.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that support an ability to negotiate, consult, collaborate and share accountability and responsibility for program success, as well as an ability to build meaningful relationships quickly with both internal and external audiences.
- Must be flexible, show initiative, and have a results-driven philosophy with the ability to problem-solve; unflappable in the face of multiple challenges, highly motivated, disciplined work ethic, a competitive spirit, a creative approach, and a proven ability to lead complex projects.
- Demonstrated project management skills that support an ability to plan, manage competing timelines, organize, coordinate, manage resources, prioritize, and make informed decisions.
- Research and analytical skills to gather insights, data, new information, case examples and benchmark data, including an aptitude to distil complex scientific and financial information and terminology into consumer-friendly language.
- Knowledge of marketing/branding and fundraising principles.
- Familiar with financial procedures including budget reporting and monitoring.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and a working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
The salary range for this position is dependent on qualifications. The QEII Foundation offers a highly collaborative and supportive atmosphere; the opportunity for professional growth and development and a competitive benefits package. The QEII Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations by the application deadline of Monday, March 19 (5:00 p.m. A.D.T.) to Jennifer.Keeping@qe2foundation.ca. Please reference your full name within the filename of your application.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the QEII Foundation
Inspiring generosity to advance health care at the QEII.
The QEII Health Sciences Centre Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization established to strengthen the QEII Health Sciences Centre’s ability to provide health care of the highest quality across Atlantic Canada. With financial support from all levels of the community, the QEII Foundation helps fund new technologies, medical research, innovation and professional education that contribute to life-changing moments experienced every day by patients and their loved ones at the QEII. Inspired by the patient stories and the passion shown by the QEII's health care teams, the QEII Foundation staff and Board of Trustees continue to achieve 100% participation in giving. By working together with people who share a vision of better health, the Foundation strengthens care delivered at the QEII, improving the health and lives of Atlantic Canadians.