Campaign CoordinatorCompany: YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth
Date Posted: March 2, 2018
Campaign Coordinator Opportunity
Do you have a passion for fundraising? Do you want to make a difference in the community by engaging people in investing their time and talent to be part of something great? If so, we want to hear from you..
Title: Campaign Co-Ordinator
Reports to: Director, Fund Development
Position Status: 6 month full-time contract position
Salary: $36,000 to $40,000 Annually
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 8:30am and 4:30pm, with the periodic need for evening and weekend hours in support of events
Location: YMCA Association Services 5670 Spring Garden Road
The YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth is looking for an enthusiastic, tech savvy relationship builder to join our team as Campaign Co-ordinator for a 6-month term in support of our volunteer fundraisers, community partnerships, and donor recognition.
Since 1853 the YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth has been connecting Nova Scotians to build healthy communities. As a non-profit charity we provide vital services, including Health, Employment, Childcare/Camps, Immigrant Services, and Youth Development.
The YMCA Experience
At the YMCA we know that our ability to partner with others in our community is through the passion and dedication of our employees and volunteers. In joining the YMCA you will become part of a dedicated network of individuals with great passion for providing a holistic support to the communities in which we serve.A Day in the LifeThis position is ideal for someone who is looking for the opportunity to gain experience in the areas of fundraising and community/volunteer relations to make a difference in the community and develop skills and experiences within a diverse, community based, social service and health-related charity.
As Campaign Co-Ordinator you will be critical in supporting our volunteer fundraisers, community partnerships, and donor recognition programs. You will serve as the point person for our Artez-based peer-to-peer fundraising platform, campaign events, and third party partnerships. As our Campaign Co-Ordinator you will:
- Administister and optimize the use of the YMCA's peer-to-peer donation platform in support of volunteer fundraiser and community partners.
- Implement donor announcements, press conferences, information sessions, and other campaign events, including managing vendor relationships, timelines, and stakeholders.
- Servce as the liaison for third party fundraising activities and events.
- Track and implement the YMCA's donor recognition programs and liaise with donors
- Conduct prospect research and manage workflor and prospect lists
- Liaise with the YMCA's communications area on campaign public relations and storytelling needs
- Manage the campaign email box and campaign calendar
- Manager and update the campaign website
As part of the Y team you will enjoy:
- The opportunity to have a direct, meaningful impact as part of a family of dedicated staff and volunteers working together to support a healthier Nova Scotia through an exciting new project
- Access to discounted Childcare and Camp Rates
As the co-ordinator for our campaign you have:
- A bachelor’s degree or college diploma with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in Fund Development, Public Relations, Communications and/or Marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience in the non-profit sector preferred
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple, competing deadlines/tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail and comfort with new technologies and handling data
- Demonstrated administrative, organizational, and project management skills
- The ability to handle sensitive information/situations with tact and diplomacy and appropriately manage confidential information
- Comfort level working independently
- Successful completion and maintenance of Criminal Background Check, Vulnerable Sector Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check
Please forward your application and cover letter in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth is an equal opportunity employer.