Director, Fund DevelopmentCompany: YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth
Date Posted: March 2, 2018
OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME
Are you looking for ways to be part of something meaningful and to make an impact for families and communities in Nova Scotia? Are you driven by breaking down financial barriers for individuals and families to improve their health? Are you a dynamic relationship builder that empowers others in sharing their time, talent, and treasure towards a cause that hits close to home?
The YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth is looking for a full time, permanent Director of Fund Development to join our team.
As a family centric organization, the YMCA focuses on bringing people together to support health, wellness, and helps people make connections. Whether it’s supporting youth development, whole person health, building healthy communities, the YMCA is there and has been since 1853.
A Day in the Life
As Director, Fund Development you will be the lead go-getter in delivering upon our philanthropic objectives and champion the philanthropic culture at our YMCA. As a part of our Senior Leadership team, you will provide leadership, strategy, and oversight in support of our capital and annual campaigns, prospect identification, and donor recognition and stewardship. In your focus on fund development you will:
- Develop, align, and execute annual budgets and plans for our fundraising campaigns, initiatives, and events in keeping with the Association’s financial objectives. Including, grant and foundational funding opportunities, management of funder relationships, and support of prospect meetings.
- Oversee prospect/donor cultivation and moves management processes. Including compilation of donor information, trend identification, etc.
- Develop, implement, and oversee meaningful donor recognition programs. Implement strategies to support major gift donor awareness and responsive communication/marketing needs.
- Development of donor-centric policies/processes and oversight of internal giving programs and events
- Promotion of YMCA as Charity of Choice through rollout of fundraising communication-related initiatives to enhance fundraising campaigns and impact to community.
At the YMCA we know that we could not do the great work that we do without our dedicated staff and volunteers. The YMCA is committed to supporting our people in their work and we are pleased to offer the below total rewards package:
- Family-centric environment that fosters positive work/life balance
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Discounted childcare and camp rates
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Opportunity to work alongside other dedicated people in making a difference for individuals and families in the community
- Central office location in downtown core with parking provided
As the dynamic go-getter with a proven background in fund development you bring:
- 5-8 years of experience in Fund Development, Public Relations, Communications and/or Marketing, or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications and/or Marketing or combination of education and work experience
- Strong working knowledge of best practices in fund development; CFRE designation preferred
- Prior experience in providing fund development support in non-profit sector an asset
- Strong verbal, communication, and presentation skills; bilingual an asset
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple, competing deadlines/tasks
- Strong attention to detail and data/trend analysis
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information/situations with tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately manage confidential information and maintain privacy, information protection protocols
- Successful completion of Criminal Background Check, Vulnerable Sector Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Valid First Aid/CPR and access to reliable transportation
If this opportunity excites you, apply today with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth is an equal opportunity employer.