2018 Chamberlain Scholarship
AFP Nova Scotia Chapter is proud to offer the Chamberlain Scholarship Program for the International Conference on Fundraising. This program is designed to help individuals serving non-profit organizations develop their knowledge and skill in fundraising.
The Nova Scotia Chapter invites members and non members to participate by filling out an application form.
The AFP Nova Scotia Chapter will select their Chamberlain Scholar based on the following criteria, which are established by the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy:
* Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, 50% of time must be devoted to fundraising.
* Candidate has never attended an AFP (or NSFRE) International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless a member of the Conference Host Committee).
* Candidate agrees to complete a post-conference online evaluation regarding his or her experience for the Scholarship Committee and attend an AFP Nova Scotia meeting to share his/her learning experiences at the Conference.
* Only one individual from any local organization or institution may be selected.
* The Chamberlain Scholar announcement will be made soon.
The AFP Chamberlain scholarship will cover the registration fee for the AFP International Conference on Fundraising in New Orleans, LA, April 15 - April 17, 2018.
The successful applicant or their agency/organization will be responsible for their airfare and accommodation to attend the conference.
To apply, please complete the following application in full and forward it to AFPNovaScotia@gmail.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
There will be one recipient selected from our Chapter. Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee of the Board. The recipient will be informed by the end of November.
*The Early Bird rate of $799 USD ends on November 1, 2017, after which the Advanced Rate of $999 USD will be applied until February 14, 2018. And the Regular Rate of $1,200 USD goes to April 12, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Daphne Carter, AFP-NS President-Elect
902.425.7770 ext 259